In response to the ending of the state of emergency in 9 prefectures including Tokyo Metropolitan area on Sunday, 20th June 2021, the Royal Thai Embassy in Tokyo will resume its normal office hours of the consular services: Monday – Friday (except public holidays) between 09.00 - 12.00 hrs. and 13.30 - 15.30 hrs.
1. Thai nationals who wish to receive consular services (e.g. passport, Thai national ID card, civil registration) are requested to make an onlineappointment in advance. For more information on consular services and appointments, please visit the following sites:
Thai Identification Card: http://site.thaiembassy.jp/th/services/id-card/
Prior appointment will prevent crowdedness in the service area, and reduce the risk of the spread of COVID-19.
However, in the case that an applicant is not able to make an online appointment as per above, the Embassy will provide a queue card available from 09:00 hrs. onwards. After receiving the queue card, the applicant can submit the card in order to receive a consular service within the specified time. The Embassy will provide service by giving the priority to the applicants who make an online appointment in advance, and reserves the rights to refuse service to the applicant who does not submit the queue card within the specified time.
2. For visa application, please make an online appointment in advance via the Visa Appointment Booking Online (VABO) system(http://site.thaiembassy.jp/en/visa/about/426/
).Currently, the Royal Thai Embassy accepts all types of visa applications, the same as before the declaration of state of emergency in Thailand. Moreover, Visa Exemption scheme has also been available since 22 December 2020. However, Visa on Arrival (VOA) is still not allowed to enter into Thailand.
For more information on visa applications and Visa Exemption scheme, please visit http://site.thaiembassy.jp/en/visa/type/
3. Please note that all Thai and foreign travelers from Japan are required to obtain the Certificate of Entry (COE) issued by the Royal Thai Embassy, the Royal Consulate-General in Osaka or the Royal Consulate-General in Fukuoka, present medical test results before entering Thailand, be quarantined for maximum of 14 days at a certified quarantine facility, and also meet other requirements.
For issuance of the Certificates of Entry to the Kingdom of Thailand for Thai nationals, please check the details on the Embassy’s website at http://site.thaiembassy.jp/th/news/announcement/.
For issuance of the Certificates of Entry to the Kingdom of Thailand for foreign nationals, please check the details on the Embassy’s website at http://site.thaiembassy.jp/en/news/announcement/ or
5. As measures to prevent the possible spread of COVID-19, the Royal Thai Embassy requests for kind cooperation on the following:
- Wear a surgical mask or cloth mask during your visit to the Embassy.
- Allow security officers at the Embassy’s gate to measure body temperature before entering the Embassy’s compound. The Embassy reserves the rights to deny entry of those who have a fever above 37.5 degree Celsius and those who show COVID-19 like symptoms.
- Only the applicants are allowed to enter the consular service area. Applicants are not allowed to bring any accompanying persons to the service area.
- Please use alcohol-based hand sanitizers, provided by the Embassy, to clean your hands and wrists.
- Those with sickness, fever or breathing problems, are requested to refrain from visiting the Embassy to obtain the consular services.