Remarks: (1) Members of Diplomatic Missions, Consular Representatives and International Organisations (DCIOs) are Diplomats and International Organisations Officers Persons on diplomatic or consular missions or under International Organisations, or representatives of foreign governments or agencies performing their duties in Thailand, or any other persons in international agencies, that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs gives permission pertaining to necessity, including their spouse, parents, or children.
(2) Flights schedule for non-Thai nationals who does not belong to DCIOs members appears in the announcement for Non-Thai nationals (Click)
1. Reservation of Air ticket and Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) Hotel
Please kindly make reservations of Air ticket and Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) Hotel through the following links.
2.1 If you do not have either a valid diplomatic / official visa or a valid re-entry permit, please make a VISA appointment online and check the required documents on the website as below.
Required documents for diplomatic/ official visa at:
2.2 Please note that DCIOs members could submit visa application through:
- The Royal Thai Embassy in Tokyo
*After visa is approved, passport shall be returned by post or it can be collected from the Royal Thai Embassy by the applicants/their representatives.
- For DCIOs members who wish to submit visa application outside Tokyo, please contact directly to the Royal Thai Consulate-General in Osaka at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Royal Thai Consulate-General in Fukuoka at email@example.com.
3.1 Due to the Covid-19 situation, Members of Diplomatic Missions, Consular Representatives and International Organisations (DCIOs) in Thailand and government representatives, as well as their spouse, parents, and children, who wish to travel to the Kingdom of Thailand needs to apply for the Certificate of Entry into the Kingdom of Thailand (COE) as well as to comply with certain requirements.
For registration guideline, please kindly visit https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/images/ENCOERegistrationGuideFinal04112020.pdf or
3.2 Required documents
(1) Photo of passport or United Nations laissez-passer information page;(2) Copy of valid diplomatic / official visa or a valid re-entry permit;(3) An official Note issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan or the respective International Organisation.
Note that Japanese Diplomatic and Consular representatives with current residence in Japan may request the official Note Verbale from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan while Diplomatic and Consular representatives of other nationalities and members of International Organisations with current residence in Japan may request the Note Verbale or an official letter from their respective offices.
(4) company or employer will cover a minimum of 100,000 USD of medical costs incurred by the applicant in Thailand, including medical costs in the event that applicant contracts COVID-19 (The insurance must cover the total duration of stay in Thailand) or a photo of health insurance certificate.
In the case that the health insurance certificate is submitted, it must specify the minimum coverage of 100,000 USD per person, covering the whole intended period of stay. In case that the applicant intends to stay in the Kingdom for more than one year, the health insurance should cover at least the period of one year. The insurance must state explicitly that it covers the medical treatment related to COVID-19.
3.3 Registration process
3.3.1 After the submission of their applications, the applicants will be given a 6-digit reference code. The code will be used to track registration status and to download the COE. The Royal Thai Embassy will take 3 working days to process the application. The applicants can check the result of application on the system.
3.3.2 After application has been pre-approved, the applicants should upload airplane ticket, ASQ booking confirmation on arrival date and health insurance certificate for consideration. Please note that if applications do not submit the required documents within 15 days, the system will automatically cancel the application, which applicants have to start the application process over again.
3.3.3 The Royal Thai Embassy usually takes 3 working days to process the application. The applicants can check the result of application on the system. If COE is granted, applicants can download the COE directly from the registration website at https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/
3.3.4 Once the COE is approved, applicants are requested to print COE from the website via Check Application menu.
valid diplomatic / official visa or a valid re-entry permit;
A Certificate of Entry into the Kingdom of Thailand (COE);
A completed Declaration Form (download here)
(8) Air ticket or E-ticket reservation document
(9) A booking confirmation of 14 days Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ)