About Visa

Type of visas


Transit visa

  • These types of visas are issued to persons who wish to enter Thailand for the following purposes :
    • To travel in transit through the Thailand.
    • The person in charge or crew of a conveyance coming to a port, station or area in the Thailand.

Tourist visa

  • This visa is issued to persons who wish to enter Thailand for tourism purpose only.

Non-immigrant visas

  • These visas are issued to persons in the following categories who wish to enter Thailand :
  • Non immigrant visa-B For the purpose of conducting business / working in Thailand.
    Non immigrant visa-ED For the purpose of studying / coming on a work study tour or observation tour / participating in projects or seminars / attending a conference or training course / studying as a foreign Buddhist monk in Thailand.
    Non immigrant visa-O-A For applicants aged 50 years or above wishing to go to Thailand for "Long Stay" at least for the period of 1 year.
    Non immigrant visa-F For official purposes.
    Non immigrant visa-O For other purposes, visiting family in Thailand, pension, etc.

A non-immigrant visa is the only type of visa that permits non-residents (other than embassy staff, consular staff or official visitors) to be gainfully employed in Thailand.

In addition, any person who holds a non-immigrant visa and wishes to work needs to apply for a work permit.

Visa application forms for this category need to be completely filled out, stating reasons for employment, and must include a letter of certificate from the company where the applicant is to work. A company profile should be also attached to the application.

Please note that a Consular Officer may deny an application if the reasons given are not fully supported. At present, a visa may be issued in the form of a sticker or stamp in the applicant's passport. The visa will include details of the type and class. Each visa will show issue and expiry dates.

Back to the list