Validity of entry Non-immigrant-ED visa :
- Single entry : Three (3) months
- Multiple entry : One (1) Year
Application Fee :
- Single entry : 9,000 Yen
- Multiple entry : 22,000 Yen
- The stay of each entry for Non-immigrant - ED (Education) visa is for sixty(90) days or less and the permission for extension of stay may be requested at the Immigration Office of Thailand.
- The purpose of visit is to Study in a private or public educational institute, participate in a training or field trip at a public entity, state-owned enterprises or international organization, learn or practice Buddhism, study at an aviation institute.
- Non-Japanese applicant holding passports of 1. Afghanistan 2. Bangladesh 3. Egypt 4. Iran 5. North Korea 6. Libya 7. Nigeria 8. Palestine 9. Sudan 10. Yemen11. Cameroon 12. Congo 13. Republic of Congo 14. Equatorial Guinea 15. Guinea 16. Algeria 17. China 18. India 19. Iraq 20. Lebanon 21. Nepal 22. Pakistan 23. Sri Lanka 24. Syria 25. Ghana 26. Central African Republic 27. Somalia28. Sao Tome and Principe 29. Liberia 30. Sierra Leone 31. Saudi Arabia(latest updated:2015.11.30) cannot apply for any category of visa at the Royal Thai Embassy in Tokyo, unless the applicant acquires permanent residence / long-term / specific visa to legally residing in Japan.
- Visa and administrative processes for applicant holding passport of Afghanistan, North Korea, Iraq, Syria, and Libya generally takes thirty (30) days.
- Non-Japanese applicant holding passports of Bangladesh, Egypt , Iran, Nigeria ,Palestine , Sudan , Yemen,Cameroon ,Congo ,Republic of Congo ,Equatorial Guinea ,Guinea ,Algeria , China ,India ,Lebanon ,Nepal ,Pakistan ,Sri Lanka , Ghana ,Central African Republic ,Somalia,Sao Tome and Principe, Liberia ,Sierra Leone, Saudi Arabia (latest updated:2015.11.30)The visa's issuance will take up to 10 working days.
- Only Japanese citizens can request for passport(s) to be returned by mail.
- The Embassy may require an interview, please plan your trip with sufficient time for visa processing.
Documents required are as follow :
- Valid passport.(valid for no less than 6 months and contain at least TWO completely empty visa pages)
- Application form duly filled in and signed by the applicant.
- Form available on this page can be filled out.
- Please enter the information requested into the appropriate spaces on the form. Your answer must be in English and use English capital characters.
- The Embassy recommends you use an ink-jet printer to print the completed application form. However, the written application form is accepted but it may cause delay during the visa application process at the counter.
- Two (2) color photos of applicant (size 3.5 x 4.5 cm.)
*** Three (3) color photos and three (3) copies of application forms duly filled and signed for applicants holding passports of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Egypt, North Korea, Libya, Palestine, Sudan, Yemen, Cameroon, Congo, Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea, Algeria, China, India, Iraq, Lebanon, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Syria, Ghana, Central African Republic, Somalia, Sao Tome and Principe, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Saudi Arabia
*** Four (4) color photos and four (4) copies of application forms duly filled and signed for applicants holding passport of Nigeria and Iran.
- For non-Japanese applicant, a copy of residence card or certificate of alien registration which is valid at least 3 months or more. For those who are currently applying for renewal of residence card, please submit a copy of acceptance of renewal issued by Immigration Bureau of Japan. The applicant is also required to present the original documents of identification upon visa application.
- Airline ticket or confirmation slip with applicant's name, flight number as well as date of entry and departure.
- Personal history duly filled in and signed by the applicant.
10. For application who is under 20 years old, please provide following documents;
- An original admission confirmation letter / an invitation letter.
PDF, copy or fax is not accepted.
*** The letter must be in the educational institute/inviter's letter head with official seal and contain the applicant's name, purpose of visit to the Kingdom, date of entry, length of stay and type of visa required, and signed by the authorized person(s) whose name(s) listed in the educational institute's registration issued by the competent authority of Thailand.
- For applicant who wishes to study in Thailand, an original letter of approval issued by competent authority of Thailand such as the Office of Private Education Commission, must be submitted.
- An original letter of recommendation from the educational institute in Japan.
PDF, copy or fax is not accepted.
*** The letter must be in the educational institute's letter head with official seal and contain the applicant's name, purpose of visit to the Kingdom, length of stay, type of visa required and signed by the authorized person.
*** In the absence of letter of recommendation from the educational institute in Japan, an original guarantee letter must be presented together with a copy of guarantor's passport or driving license duly signed by the guarantor.
*** A guarantor must be twenty (20) years of age or older, legally residing in Japan, must be able to confirm aspects of applicant's personal attributes such as name, age, physical description and some personal information and must be available to be contacted by the Embassy.
- An original guarantee letter from parents or guardians which is attached by a copy of guarantor's passport or car driving license or photo I.D. card duly signed by the guarantor.
- ( for Japanese ) An original household registration ( Kosekitohon ), validity of issuing within 3 months.
- ( for Foreigner ) An original address registration ( Juminhyou ), validity of issuing within 3 months, or/and a copy of birth certificate, a copy of marriage certificate.
Note: in case of sole custody, a copy of court order must be provided.
- Applicant who wishes to study Thai or other languages at an educational institute in Thailand, must submit additional documents as bellow;
- Bank Statement
- Lesson Schedule (issued by the school)
- Receipt for lesson fee
- Letter of the purpose of study
- Lease contract of apartment / house in Thailand