Non-immigrant O-A (Longstay)
Non-immigrant O-A (Longstay)
- Applicant must apply in person.
- Applicant must be fifty (50) years old of age on date of visa application.
- Applicant must not be listed in the list of person prohibited to enter the Kingdom.
- Applicant must not have criminal records detrimental to the national security of Thailand, that of Japan, that of the country of his or her nationality and that of the country of his or her residence.
- Applicant must have Japanese nationality or permanent residence of Japan.
- Applicant has no prohibitive diseases as stipulated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 (B.E. 2535), namely, leprosy, tuberculosis, elephantiasis, drug addiction and third phase of syphilis.
- Applicant is not allowed to perform works in Thailand.
- Fee for Non-immigrant O-A (Longstay): multiple entry 22,000 Yen.
- Non-Japanese applicant holding passports of Bangladesh, Egypt, Iran, Nigeria, Palestine, Sudan, Yemen, Cameroon, Congo, Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea, Algeria, China, India , Lebanon, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Ghana, Central African Republic, Somalia, Sao Tome and Principe, Liberia, Sierra Leone (latest updated:2015.10.05) cannot request for passport(s) to be returned by mail. The visa's issuance will take from 10 to 60 working days.
- Visa and administrative processes for applicant holding passport of North Korea, Libya, Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan generally takes sixty (60) days.
Documents required are as follow :
- Valid passport. The passport must be valid for not less than eighteen (18) months and contain at least TWO completely empty visa pages.
- Two (2) copies of application form duly filled in and signed by the applicant.
- Form available on this page can be filled out.
- Please enter the information requested into the appropriate spaces on the form. Your answer must be in English and use English capital characters.
- The Embassy recommends you use an ink-jet printer to print the completed application form. However, the written application form is accepted but it may cause delay during the visa application process at the counter.
- Four (4) photos (color and size 3.5x4.5 cm.)
- Two (2) copies of personal history.
- Two (2) copies of airline ticket or confirmation slip with applicant's name, flight number as well as date of entry.
- Applicant must submit one of the following financial statements (One (1) original and one (1) copy of the financial statement are required):
An original criminal record certificate issued by the competent authority of Japan or country of the applicant's nationality.
**This certificate must be certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan or by competent authority of country of the applicant's nationality and presented to the Embassy in a sealed envelope.
One (1) original and one (1) copy of medical certificate, issued within three (3) months by national or public hospital in Japan/country of the applicant's nationality, confirms that the applicant is free from prohibitive diseases, namely, leprosy, tuberculosis, elephantiasis, drug addiction and third phase of syphilis.
**This certificate must also be certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan/competent authority of country of the applicant's nationality.
Two (2) set of copies of every page of passport of the applicant and/or the applicant's spouse.
For non-Japanese applicant, two (2) set of copies of residence card or certificate of alien registration which is valid at least 1 year or more. For those who are currently applying for renewal of residence card, please submit two (2) set of copies of acceptance of renewal issued by Immigration Bureau of Japan. The applicant is also required to present the original documents of identification upon visa application.
- One (1) original and two (2) copies of evidence stating that applicants have insurance as stipulated by the Office of Insurance Commission and health insurance of Thailand which has insurance coverage for outpatient not less than 40,000 Baht and for inpatient not less than 400,000 Baht. Please check <http://longstay.tgia.org> for more information regarding the insurance requirement.It is recommended that applicants should buy insurance policies from the companies list in this website and bring insurance certificate with during traveling to Thailand.
- OIC / Office of Insurance Commission of insurance certificate is necessary to certify by the said health insurance company with company's seal affixed and duly signed by the authorized persons. One (1) original and one (1) copy of insurance certificate are required. Download the form here.
For applicant who wishes his or her spouse to stay in Thailand together, but the spouse is not eligible to acquire Non-immigrant O-A (Longstay) visa, a copy of certificate of marriage and the household registration (kosekitohon) must be presented upon visa application. The spouse may be granted Non-immigrant-O (Other) visa to stay in Thailand.
The Embassy may require documents in foreign language to be translated into Thai or English. Such documents must also be certified by competent authority of Japan or country where the documents are issued.