Type of Visa

Non-immigrant O-X (Longstay)


Non-immigrant O-X (Longstay)

  • Applicant must apply in person.
  • Applicant must be aged 50 years or over on the date of visa application.
  • Applicant must not be prohibited from entering the Kingdom of Thailand as announced by the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979)
  • Applicant must not have criminal record in Thailand, Japan and own country of applicant.
  • Applicant must have Japanese nationality and hold a valid Japanese passport.
  • Non-Japanese applicant holding passports of Australia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Canada, the United States of America,South Korea, Belgium, Austria, New Zealand are eligible to file an application at the Royal Thai Embassy if the applicant has permanent residence in Japan.
  • Applicant must have no prohibited diseases as indicated by the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 (B.E. 2535) i.e. Leprosy, Tuberculosis in dangerous stage, Elephantiasis, Drug addiction, third phase of Syphilis.
  • Holder of this type of visa is allowed to stay in Thailand for 5 years and extension of stay of 5 more years must file an application for permission. For further information, please contact the Office of Immigration Bureau located on Soi Suan Plu, off South Sathorn Road, Bangkok 10120, Tel (662) 287-3101 to 10 or at http://www.immigration.go.th. The extension of stay is solely at the discretion of the Immigration officer.
  • Processing Fee (CASH only) is 44,000 Japanese Yen (multiple entry)
Documents required are as follow :

  1. Valid passport or Travel Document (must not expire within 6 months and contain at least TWO completely empty visa pages).
  2. Application form duly filled in and signed by the applicant.

  • Form available on this page can be filled out.
  • Please enter the information requested into the appropriate spaces on the form. Your answer must be in English and use English capital characters.
  • The Embassy recommends you use an ink-jet printer to print the completed application form. However, the written application form is accepted but it may cause delay during the visa application process at the counter.

  1. Three (3) color photos of applicant (size 3.5x4.5 cm.)
  2. Airline ticket or confirmation slip with applicant's name, flight number as well as date of entry and departure.
  3. Personal history duly filled in and signed by the applicant.

Personal history form can be downloaded here. Download Personal history form

    6. Bank Statement / Financial Statement

    1. Deposit balance fixed amount of at least 3,000,000 Thai Baht in Thai Banks or
    2. Deposit balance fixed amount of at least 1,800,000 Thai Baht in Thai Banks and an annual income in the amount of minimum 1,200,000 Thai Baht (income Certificate is required.)
      The money must remain in the account for at least 1 year after entering Thailand. After the period of 1 year, the minimum balance of 1,500,000 Thai Baht is required in the account.

  1. An orginal of Police Clearance or Criminal record Certificate which is legalized by relevant authorities
  2. Medical Certificate which is issued by a local competent authority to certify that the applicant has no prohibited diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation as mentioned above.
  3. Thai Health Insurance with coverage not less than 400,00 Thai Baht per policy year for In patient, and not less than 40,000 Thai Baht per policy year for out patient
    (Available for online purchase only at http://longstay.tgia.org)
Dependents of Non-Immigrant Visa of O-X Applicant :
Dependents of the applicants are entitled to apply for the same category of visa. Additional documents are required as follows :
For Spouse (Only for 18 nationalities)
1. Valid Marriage Certificate in English or
2. Japanese house registration (Kosekitohon) which must be legalized by relevant authorities.
3. Required documents as the lists mentioned above (No.1-9)
For Child (under 20 years old.)
1. Valid Birth Certificate in English or
2. Japanese house registration (Kosekitohon) which must be legalized by relevant authorities.
3. Required documents as the lists mentioned above (No.1-5 and No.9)

Notes :
1. The said certificates must be legalized by relevant authorities within 3 months prior to application.
2. Employment in Thailand is strictly prohibited (Exception only for voluntary activities).
3. The Embassy may require documents in foreign language to be translated into Thai or English. Such documents must also be certified by competent authorities in Japan or country where the documents are issued.
4. The processing fee is non-refundable.
5. The Embassy reserves the rights to request any additional documents, or interview the applicant as deemed neccessary without prior notice.


Back to the list