【Non Immigrant B Visa (Teaching) 】
For applicants who already having a permission to enter to the Kingdom
from Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand
(To obtain the permission please contact Schools/Educational Institutes
and Ministry of Education, Thailand)
※Required documents for applying a visa in the periods of Coronavirus COVID – 19 outbreak※
1. Valid Passport : Valid for no less than 6 months and has at least TWO completely empty pages.
2. Application form : Completely filled in and signed by the applicant. The form can be downloaded here.
3. One color photo (size 3.5 x 4.5 cm.) : Please attach the photo to the form with glue.
4. Personal history form : Completely filled in and signed by the applicant. (The form can be downloaded here)
5. An Original letter of invitation from educational institution in Thailand : PDF or fax copy is not acceptable
* The letter must have the institution's letter head with institution's seal, signed by the authorized person(s), and the letter must contain the applicant's name, assignment's position / responsibilities / salary / date of entry (please refer to the Embassy’s announcement) / length of stay and type of visa.
** In case that a signature of authorized person(s) in the letter of invitation is absent, a letter of power of attorney authorizing other person(s) to act on his/her behalf must be submitted upon submitting visa application.
6. A copy of school license or educational institution issued by the Ministry of Education or competent authority of Thailand.
7. An applicant must be obtained the permission from the competent authorities of Thailand
such as the Office of the Private Education Commission, the Office of the Basic Education
Commission, or the Ministry of Education which the Ministry of Foreign Affairs then inform
the Embassy the name lists.
8 An original letter of recommendation from the current employer/organization in Japan
: PDF or fax copy is not acceptable.
* The letter must be in the institution 's letter head with institution 's seal and contains
the applicant's name / purpose of visiting/date of entry (please refer to the Embassy’s
announcement letter) / length of stay and type of visa required, and signed by the
** In the absence of a letter of recommendation from the current company in Japan,
an original guarantee letter must be presented, together with a copy of guarantor's passport
or driving license duly signed by the guarantor. (The form can download here)
*** A guarantor must be twenty (20) years of age or older, legally residing in Japan, must be able to confirm the applicant's personal attributes (such as name, age, physical description and some personal information). A guarantor must be available to be contacted by the Embassy and must not be a person who will accompany to Thailand with applicant. (The form can be downloaded from the Embassy website.)
9. Evidence of educational qualification such as diploma or teaching certificate.
10. An original criminal record certificate issued by the competent authority of Japan or country of the applicant's nationality. The certificate must be in a sealed envelope.
11. Airline ticket or confirmation slip which is issued by airline’s office ,with applicants name , flight number as well as date of entry
Additional documents for non-Japanese applicant:
12. A copy of resident card or certificate of alien registration which is valid for at least
3 months. For those who are currently applying for renewal of residence card, please
submit a copy of acceptance of renewal issued by Immigration Bureau of Japan.
The applicant is also required to present the original documents of identification upon
submitting visa application.
13. For applicants holding passports of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Egypt, North Korea,
Libya, Palestine, Sudan, Yemen, Cameroon, Congo, Republic of Congo, Equatorial
Guinea, Guinea, Algeria, China, India, Iraq, Lebanon, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka,
Syria, Ghana, Central African Republic, Somalia, Sao Tome and Principe, Liberia,
Sierra Leone, Saudi Arabia, please submit three (3) color photos and three (3) copies
of application forms which are duly filled and signed.
14. For applicants holding passport of Nigeria and Iran, please submit four (4) color
photos and four (4) copies of application forms which are duly filled and signed.
● You must enter Thailand on the date specified in invitation letter.