【Non Immigrant B Visa (Teaching) 】
※Required documents for applying a visa in the periods of Coronavirus COVID – 19 outbreak※
1. Valid Passport : Valid for no less than 6 months and has at least TWO completely empty pages.
2. Application form : Completely filled in and signed by the applicant. The form can be downloaded here.
3. One color photo (size 3.5 x 4.5 cm.) : Please attach the photo to the form with glue.
4. Personal history form : Completely filled in and signed by the applicant. (The form can be downloaded here)
5. An Original letter of invitation from educational institution in Thailand : PDF or fax copy is not acceptable
* The letter must have the institution's letter head with institution's seal, signed by the authorized person(s), and the letter must contain the applicant's name, assignment's position / responsibilities / salary / date of entry / length of stay and type of visa.
** In case that a signature of authorized person(s) in the letter of invitation is absent, a letter of power of attorney authorizing other person(s) to act on his/her behalf must be submitted upon submitting visa application.
6. A copy of education institution 's Registration document. (Teaching at public school and university are not required.)
7. A copy of approval letter issued by the competent authority of Thailand such as the Office of the Private Education Commission,
the office of the Basic Education Commission, or the Ministry of Education which the Ministry of Education which the Ministry of Foreign Affairs then Affairs then will inform the Embassy for registered school or education institution's name list.(Teaching at public school and university and registered international school are not required.)
8. An original letter of recommendation from the current employer/organization in Japan
: PDF or fax copy is not acceptable.
* The letter must be in the institution 's letter head with institution 's seal and contains
the applicant's name / purpose of visiting/date of entry / length of stay and type of visa required, and signed by the authorized person(s).
** In the absence of a letter of recommendation from the current company in Japan,
an original guarantee letter must be presented, together with a copy of guarantor's passport
or driving license duly signed by the guarantor. (The form can download here)
*** A guarantor must be twenty (20) years of age or older, legally residing in Japan, must be able to confirm the applicant's personal attributes (such as name, age, physical description and some personal information). A guarantor must be available to be contacted by the Embassy and must not be a person who will accompany to Thailand with applicant. (The form can be downloaded from the Embassy website.)
9. Evidence of educational qualification such as diploma or teaching certificate.
10. An original Certificate of Criminal Record issued by the competent authority of Japan or country of the
applicant's nationality stating that the applicant has no criminal record. Verification shall be valid for not more
than three months and presented to the Embassy in a sealed envelope.
11. Airline ticket or e-ticket reservation document which is issued by airline’s company with applicant name,
flight number as well as date of entry.
Additional documents for non-Japanese applicant:
12. A copy of resident card or certificate of alien registration which is valid for at least 3 months submit for those who are currently applying for renewal of residence card, please a copy of acceptance of renewal issued by Immigration Bureau of Japan. The applicant is also required to present the original documents of identification upon submitting visa application.
13. For applicants holding passports of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Egypt, North Korea, Libya, Palestine,Sudan,Yemen, Cameroon Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea,Guinea, Algeria, China, India, Iraq, Lebanon, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Syria, Ghana, Central African Republic, Somalia, SaoTome and Principe, Liberia,Sierra Leone, Saudi Arabia, please submit three (3) color photos and three (3) copies of application forms which are duly filled and signed.
14. For applicants holding passport of Nigeria and Iran, please submit four (4) color photos and four (4)copies of application forms which are duly filled and signed.
■Applicant must enter Thailand on the date specified in invitation letter.
■The Embassy reserves the rights to request additional documents and to reject an application without providing any
■ In case that visa application is rejected, the application will not be refunded and submitted documents
will not be returned to applicant.
■Processing time: 2 working days, exception for the applicants of no. 14-15 processing time: 2 - 60
working days (After submitting the application, if no additional document is requested, the passport with
visa will be sent out from the Embassy by post on the next day (pay delivery fee upon delivery)
■Nigerian national is required for additional Clearance Certificate by the NDLEA (National Drug Law Enforcement Agency) in Nigeria, certified by the Nigerian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and legalized by the Royal Thai Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria.
■Visa processing fee is 9,000 Yen for single entry. (CASH only)