【Non Immigrant ED Visa】(Education)
（Study only at Public University/ Primary,Secondary,High School /International School, International Study Program under Ministry of Education,
Language Schools or Institutes are not allowed. )
※Required documents for applying a visa in the periods of Coronavirus COVID – 19 outbreak※
1. Valid Passport: Valid for no less than 6 months and has at least TWO completely empty pages.
2. Application form:Completely filled in and signed by the applicant.(The form can download here.)
3. One color photo (size 3.5 x 4.5 cm.)Please attach the photo to the form with glue.
4. Personal history form: Completely filled in and signed by the applicant.(The form can download here.)
5. An original admission confirmation letter / an invitation letter:PDF copy or fax copy is not acceptable.
* The letter must have the institution/inviter's letter head with official seal and contain the applicant's name, purpose ofvisit, date of entry(please refer to the Embassy’s announcement), length of stay and type of visa,and signed by the authorized person(s).
6. An original letter of recommendation from the educational institution in Japan:
PDF copy or fax copy is not acceptable.
*The letter must have the institution's letter head with official seal and contain the applicant's name,
purpose of visit, length of stay, date of entry (please refer to the Embassy’s announcement),
type of visa and signed by the authorized person.
** In the absence of letter of recommendation from the educational institution in Japan, an original guarantee letter must be presented together with a copy of guarantor's passport or driving license duly signed by the guarantor.
*** A guarantor must be twenty (20) years of age or older, legally residing in Japan, must be able to confirm the applicant's personal attributes (such as name, age, physical description and some personal information). A guarantor must be available to be contacted by the Embassy and must not be a person who will accompany to Thailand with applicant.(The form can be downloaded here.)
7. Applicant who is under 20 years old, please provide following documents;
7.1 An original guarantee letter from parents or guardians, attached by a copy of guarantor's passport or
driving license or ID card duly signed by the guarantor.
7.2 An original Household Registration (KOSEKITOHON) issued within 3 months, or for non-Japanese
applicant an original Resident Registration (JYUMINHYO).
8. Applicant who wishes to study at international school/ institute, an original letter of approval issued by
competent authority of Thailand such as the Office of Private Education Commission, must be submitted.
9. Airline ticket or confirmation slip which is issued by airline’s office ,with applicants name , flight number as well as date of entry
Additional documents for non-Japanese applicant:
10. A copy of resident card or certificate of alien registration which is valid for at least 3 months. For those who are currently applying for renewal of residence card, please submit a copy of acceptance of renewal issued by Immigration Bureau of Japan. The applicant is also required to present the original documents of identification upon submitting visa application.
11. For applicants holding passports of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Egypt, North Korea, Libya, Palestine, Sudan, Yemen, Cameroon, Congo, Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea, Algeria, China, India, Iraq, Lebanon, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Syria, Ghana, Central African Republic, Somalia, Sao Tome and Principe, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Saudi Arabia, please submit three (3) color photos and three (3) copies of application forms which are duly filled and signed.
12. For applicants holding passport of Nigeria and Iran, please submit four (4) color photos and four (4) copies of application forms which are duly filled and signed.
■ You must enter Thailand on the date specified in company letter.