※ Required documents for applying a visa in the periods of Coronavirus COVID – 19※
1. Valid Passport : Valid for no less than 6 months and has at least TWO completely empty pages.
2. Application form : Completely filled in and signed by the applicant. (The form can download here)
3. One color photo (Size 3.5 x 4.5 cm.) : Please attach the photo on the form with glue.
4. Personal history form completely filled in and signed by the applicant. (The form can download here)
5. An original letter of invitation from company / employer in Thailand where the applicant’s spouse or applicant’s immediate family member works for.: PDF, copy or fax is not accepted.
* The letter must be in the company's letter head with company's seal and contains the applicant's name/as applicant’s spouse name/ purpose of visiting/date of entry.
/ length of stay and type of visa required, and signed by the authorized person(s) whose name(s) listed in the company's registration issued by the Ministry of Commerce of Thailand.
** In the absence of signature of authorized person(s) in the letter of invitation, a letter of power of attorney authorizing other person(s) to act on his/her behalf must be submitted upon visa application.
6. A copy of company's registration documents issued within six (6) months by the Ministry of Commerce
7. An original letter of recommendation from the current employer / company in Japan where the applicant's spouse or applicant's immediate family member belongs in Japan. : PDF, copy or fax is not accepted.
*The letter must be in the company's letter head with company's seal and contains the applicant's name/as applicant’s spouse name/purpose
of visiting/date of entry / length of stay and type of visa required and signed by the authorized person(s).
** In the absence of letter of recommendation from the current company in Japan, an original guarantee letter must
be presented instead of it together with a copy of guarantor's passport or driving license duly signed by the guarantor.
*** A guarantor must be twenty (20) years of age or older, legally residing in Japan, must be able to confirm aspects of
applicant's personal attributes (such as name, age, physical description and some personal information) and must be
available to be contacted by the Embassy and must not be a person who will accompany applicant to Thailand. (The form can download here.)
8. An original household registration documents (KOSEKITOHON) issued within three (3) months by the
competent authority of Japan. For non-Japanese applicant, please submit the Resident Registration (JYUMINHYO).
9. A copy of Stay-Permit : Copies of all pages of passport of the applicant’s spouse / the applicant’s immediate family member who currently works in Thailand (Including a page of Stay Permit/Re-entry Permit which must be valid for not less than ninety (90) days.
10. A copy of Work Permit of the applicant's spouse / the applicant's immediate family member. Such stay permit must be valid for not less than ninety (90) days.
* An applicant who wishes to enter to Thailand at the same time of spouse (Non Immigrant B holder), needs to submit supporting document of spouse : the letter of consideration of work permit “Form WP 3” issued by the Department of Employment, Ministry of Labor and Social Welfare of Thailand or an approval letter from the Board of Investment of Thailand (BOI) (eg1 , eg2).
11. Airline ticket or confirmation slip which is issued by airline’s office ,with applicants name , flight number as well as date of entry
Additional documents for non-Japanese applicant:
12. A copy of resident card or certificate of alien registration which is valid for at least 3 months. For those who are currently applying for renewal of residence card, please submit a copy of acceptance of renewal issued by Immigration Bureau of Japan The applicant is also required to present the original documents of identification upon submitting visa application.
13. For applicants holding passports of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Egypt, North Korea, Libya, Palestine, Sudan, Yemen, Cameroon Congo, Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea, Algeria, China, India, Iraq, Lebanon, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Syria, Ghana, Central African Republic, Somalia, Sao Tome and Principe, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Saudi Arabia, please submit three (3) color photos and three (3) copies of application forms which are duly filled and signed.
14. For applicants holding passport of Nigeria and Iran, please submit four (4) color photos and four (4) copies of application form which are duly filled and signed.
■ The Embassy reserves the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary and reserves the right to reject an application without providing any reasons.
■ In case that visa application is rejected, the application will not be refunded and submitted documents will not be returned to applicant.
■ Processing time: 2 working days, exception for the applicants of no. 11-12 processing time: 2 – 60 working days (After submitting the application, if no additional document is requested, the passport with visa will be sent out from the Embassy by post on the next day (pay delivery fee upon delivery)
■ Nigerian national is required for additional Clearance Certificate by NDLEA (National Drug Law Enforcement Agency) in Nigeria, certified by Nigerian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and legalized by Royal Thai Embassy Abuja, Nigeria.
■ Visa processing fee is 9,000 Yen for single entry. (CASH only)