【Non Immigrant M Visa】(Media/Journalist)
(A media / journalist who has been working in Thailand.)
§Applicant must have a valid work permit.
§Only for applicant who has been interviewed by the Information and Culture Section, Royal Thai Embassy, Tokyo, and received an approval from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
§Before making a visa application appointment, please contact for an interview appointment at Information and Culture Section, Royal Thai Embassy, Tokyo, and after getting an approval from Ministry of Foreign Affairs, you will allow to make a visa application appointment.
§The purpose of visit is for journalist and media correspondents applying to work in Thailand more than
Three (3) months
§An applicant who will work in Thailand up to 90 days (Short term a reporter / media will have to apply
for a Non Immigrant B visa.
※Required documents for applying a visa in the periods of Coronavirus COVID – 19 outbreak ※
1. Valid Passport: Valid for no less than 6 months and has at least TWO completely empty pages
2. Application form : Completely filled in and signed by the applicant. (The form can be downloaded here.)
3. One color photo (size 3.5 x 4.5 cm.) taken within the past six months. Please attach the photo to the form with glue.
4. Personal history form:Completely filled in and signed by the applicant. (The form can be downloaded here.)
5. Company Profile
6. A copy of a valid Work Permit OR a copy the Letter of Consideration of Work Permit "Form WP 3", issued by the Department of Employment, Ministry of Labor and Social Welfare of Thailand: click here for an example :eg1, eg2
7. An Original letter of invitation from prospective employer in Thailand.:PDF or fax copy is not acceptable.
* The letter must have the company's letter head with company's seal, signed by the authorized person(s) whose name(s) listed in the company's registration issued by the Ministry of Commerce of Thailand, and the letter must contain the applicant's name, assignment's position / salary / responsibilities/ date of entry/length of stay and type of visa.
** In case that a signature of authorized person(s) in the letter of invitation is absent, a letter of power of attorney authorizing other person(s) to act on his/her behalf must be submitted upon submitting visa application.
8. An original letter of recommendation from the current employer / organization in Japan.
: PDF or fax copy is not acceptable.
* The letter must be in the company's letter head with company's seal and contains the applicant's
name/ purpose of visiting/date of entry / length
of stay and type of visa required, and signed by the authorized person(s).
9. A copy of company's registration/representative office's registration documents issued within six (6) months by the Ministry of Commerce of Thailand.
10. Collection of reports done within the last one year. (If any)
11. Airline ticket or confirmation slip which is issued by airline’s office ,with applicants name , flight number as well as date of entry
12. A copy of resident card or certificate of alien registration which is valid for at least 3 months.
For those who are currently applying for renewal of residence card, please submit a copy of acceptance of renewal issued by Immigration Bureau of Japan. The applicant is also required to present the original documents of identification upon submitting visa application.
13. For applicants holding passports of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Egypt, North Korea, Libya,Palestine, Sudan, Yemen, Cameroon, Congo, Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea,Algeria, China, India, Iraq, Lebanon, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Syria, Ghana, Centra African Republic, Somalia, Sao Tome and Principe, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Saudi Arabia,please submit three (3) color photos and three (3)copies of application forms which are duly filled and signed.
14. For applicants holding passport of Nigeria and Iran, please submit four (4) color photos and four (4) copies of application forms which are duly filled and signed.
● You must enter Thailand on the date specified in company letter.