【Non-Immigrant O / Tourist TR-MT Visa(Medical Treatment)
※Required documents for applying a visa in the periods of Coronavirus COVID – 19 outbreak※
1. Valid Passport:Valid for no less than 6 months and has at least TWO completely empty pages.
2. Application form:Completely filled in and signed by the applicant. (The form can download here.)
3. One color photo (Size 3.5 x 4.5 cm.):Please attach the photo on the form with glue.
4. Personal history form : Completely filled in and signed by the applicant. (The form can be downloaded here.)
5. A Patient Transfer Letter from hospital or medical facilities in Japan, indicating the applicant's name, brief medical condition, purpose and necessity of transfer and estimated duration of treatment.
6. A Letter of Acceptance from hospital or medical facilities in Thailand, indicating an acceptance of patient/applicant, date of acceptance, purpose and necessity of transfer and estimated duration of treatment.
*A guarantor must be twenty (20) years of age or older, legally residing in Japan, must be able to confirm the applicant's personal attributes such as name, age, physical description and some personal information. A guarantor must be available to be contacted by the Embassy and must not be a person who will accompany to Thailand with applicant.
8. An original of Bank Statement proving a sufficient fund during the applicant’s stay with a specific medical purpose in Thailand.
9. Airline ticket or confirmation slip which is issued by airline’s office ,with applicants name , flight number as well as date of entry.
Additional documents for non-Japanese applicant :
10. A copy of resident card or certificate of alien registration which is valid for at least 3 months. For those who are currently applying for renewal of residence card, please submit a copy of acceptance of renewal issued by Immigration Bureau of Japan. The applicant is also required to present the original documents of identification upon submitting visa application.
11. For applicants holding passports of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Egypt, North Korea, Libya, Palestine, Sudan, Yemen, Cameroon, Congo, Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea, Algeria, China, India, Iraq, Lebanon, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Syria, Ghana, Central African Republic, Somalia, Sao Tome and Principe, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Saudi Arabia, please submit three (3) color photos and three (3) copies of application forms which are duly filled and signed.
12. For applicants holding passport of Nigeria and Iran, please submit four (4) color photos and four (4) copies of application forms which are duly filled and signed.
● Application Fee (Cash only, please prepare exactly amount of cash)
:Tourist-TR-MT (Medical Treatment) : 4,500 Yen
: Non Immigrant O (Medical Treatment): 9,000 Yen
● The permitted length of stay is specified by the stamp of the Immigration Bureau on the passport, which is up to 60 days (Tourist-TR-MT) and 90 days (Non Immigrant-O) from the date of your arrival. Please carefully note the immigration stamp in your passport so that you will not overstay.