【Non-Immigrant Visa “O-A”(Long Stay 1 Year)】
※Qualifications and Required Documents during the period of COVID – 19 outbreak※
· Aged fifty (50) years or over at the date of visa application.
· Not prohibited from entering Thailand in accordance to the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979).
· No criminal records in Thailand, Japan and the country of the applicants’ nationality.
· Has Japanese nationality or permanent residence in Japan.
· No prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E.2535), namely, Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Elephantiasis, Drug Addiction and Third phase of Syphilis.
· Employment in Thailand is strictly prohibited.
One original and one copy of the following documents are required:
1. Passport with validity of not less than 18 months and has at least TWO completely empty pages.
*Two (2) copies of every page of passport of the applicant.
2. Two application forms completely filled in and signed by the applicant. ()
3. Two colour photos (Size 3.5 x 4.5 cm.) taken within the past six months. Please attach the photo on the form with glue.
4. A personal history form completely filled in and signed by the applicant. ()
5. Air ticket or e-ticket reservation document issued by airline, with applicant’s name, flight number and date of entry into Thailand (please refer to the Embassy’s announcement).
6. Financial statement for the last three (3) months which is certified by notary public and Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan
Please choose one of the following documents (a, b or c);
(a) Original copy of bank statement showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 800,000 Baht
(b) Original copy of income or pension certificate with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 Baht
(c) Original copies of bank statement plus annual income or pension certificate totaling not less than 800,000 Baht.
*In case of presenting a copy of accounting passbook as bank statement, the original certified letter from respective bank is necessary.
7. A letter of verification issued by the competent authority of Japan or country of the applicant's
nationality stating that the applicant has no criminal record.
*Verification shall be valid for not more than three months and must be certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan or by competent authority of country of the applicant's nationality and presented to the Embassy in a sealed envelope.
8. Medical certificate issued within three (3) months by a national or public hospital in Japan showing no prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E.2535), namely, Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Elephantiasis, Drug Addiction and third phase of Syphilis.
* This certificate must be certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan or by competent authority of country of the applicant's nationality and presented to the Embassy in a sealed envelope.
9. Health insurance policy covers not less than 40,000 Baht of outpatient benefit and not less than 400,000 Baht of inpatient benefit.
(a) In case of a Japanese insurance company, the applicant must submit the original insurance policy with 2 copies.
(b) In case of a Thai insurance company, the applicant must submit 2 copies of the insurance policy or, if available, the original insurance policy document with 2 copies
10. Insurance certificate in compliance with the Office of Insurance Commission (OIC) certified by the Health insurance company with company’s seal affixed and duly signed by the authorized persons.
*For further information regarding the insurance companies and insurance certificate, please visit http://longstay.tgia.org/.
11. In the case where the accompanying spouse is not eligible to apply for the Non-Immigrant O-A (Long stay) visa, he or she will be consident for temporary stay under Category O visa. A marriage certificate and the household registration (KOSEKITOHON) must be presented as evidence and should be certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan or notary public.
Additional documents required for Non-Japanese applicant:
12. A copy of resident card or certificate of alien registration which is valid for at least 3 months.
For those who are currently applying for renewal of residence card, please submit a copy of renewal
acceptance issued by Immigration Bureau of Japan. The applicant is also required to present the
original documents of identification upon submitting visa application.
13. For applicants holding passports of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Egypt, North Korea, Libya, Palestine, Sudan, Yemen, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea, Algeria, China, India, Iraq, Lebanon, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Syria, Ghana, Central African Republic, Somalia, Sao Tome and Principe, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Saudi Arabia, please submit three (3) colour photos and three (3) copies of application forms which are duly filled and signed.
14. For applicants holding passport of Nigeria and Iran, please submit four (4) colour photos and
four (4) copies of application form which are duly filled and signed.
15. The embassy may require foreign language documents to be translated into Thai or English.
1) Documents No. 7- 9 must be issued within three (3) months and certified by notary public including the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan or the competent authority of country of the applicant.
2) The Embassy reserves the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary.
3) Applicant must apply for visa in person.