Special Tourist Visa 【STV】
Special Tourist Visa 【STV】
※ STV programme enters into force from 2 October 2020 and will last until 30 September 2021.
※Qualifications and Required Documents during the Period of COVID – 19 Outbreak※
· Not prohibited from entering Thailand in accordance to the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979).
· No criminal records in Thailand and Japan or the country of the applicant’s nationality.
· No prohibitive diseases as indicated by the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 (B.E. 2535) such as Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Elephantiasis, drug addiction, third phase of Syphilis.
· Employment in Thailand is strictly prohibited.
One original and one copy of the following documents are required:
1. Passport with validity of not less than 12 months and has at least TWO completely empty pages.
*Two (2) copies of every page of passport of the applicant.
2. Two application forms completely filled in and signed by the applicant. (The form can be downloaded here)
3. Two colour photos (Size 3.5 x 4.5 cm.):Please attach the photo on the form with glue.
4. Personal history form completely filled in and signed by the applicant. (The form can be downloaded here)
5. Air ticket or e-ticket reservation document issued by airline, with applicant’s name, flight number and date of entry into Thailand.
6. A reservation document of 14 days Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) (http://www.hsscovid.com/)
7. Evidence of ownership or payment for accommodation (after 14 days quarantine period) covering the entire period of intended stay in Thailand as well as, if applicable, an original financial statement as follows;
a. Copy of title deed or ownership document of the condominium owned by the applicant or applicant’s family member. For the latter case, the document proving relationship between the applicant and family member is also required;
b. Evidence of payment for the applicant’s hotel accommodation issued by the respective hotel and containing clearly the hotel’s tax identification number. In addition, an original bank statement which states bank contact information and deposit with the equivalent amount of not less than 500,000 Baht for the last 6 months, is also required;
c. Evidence of payment for condominium or house rental. In addition, an original bank statement which states bank contact information and deposit with the equivalent amount of not less than 500,000 Baht for the last 6 months, is also required;
d. Evidence of purchase or hire purchase of a condominium, in accordance with respective laws, with at least 2 complete installments. If the said payment condition cannot be met, an original bank statement which states bank contact information and deposit with the equivalent amount of not less than 500,000 Baht for the last 6 months, is also required.
8. Thai accident and health insurance with a minimum coverage of 100,000 USD including medical treatment related to COVID-19 for the intended period of stay in Thailand. The insurance must also cover not less than 40,000 Baht of outpatient benefit and not less than 400,000 Baht of inpatient benefit.
*For further information regarding Insurance, please visit http://longstay.tgia.org/
9. Medical certificate issued within three (3) months by a national or public hospital in Japan showing no prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E.2535), namely,Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Elephantiasis, Drug Addiction and third phase of Syphilis.
* This certificate must be certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan or by competent authority of country of the applicant's nationality and presented to the Embassy in a sealed envelope.
Dependents of the Special Tourist Visa Applicant
10. Dependents of the applicant are entitled to apply for the same category of Visa. The additional required documents are as follows;
For Spouse (No age restriction)
· Valid Marriage Certificate in English or Japanese House Registration (KOSEKITOHON) issued within 3 months.
· Required documents listed in No. 1-9 above. Please note that spouse of the applicant is also required to submit his/her own original bank statement which states bank contact information and deposit with the equivalent amount of not less than 500,000 Baht for the last 6 months, where applicable.
For Child (Under 20 years old)
· Valid Birth Certificate in English or Japanese House Registration (KOSEKITOHON) issued within 3 months.
· Required documents listed in No. 1-8 above.
· In case that the child of the applicant does not have own bank’s account, the applicant can submit, on behalf of the child, the applicant’s bank statement with the equivalent amount of not less than 1,000,000 Baht for the last 6 months in order to cover the applicant and the child’s required bank deposit, where applicable.
Additional documents for non-Japanese applicant:
· A copy of residence card or certificate of alien registration which is valid for at least 3 months. For those who are currently applying for renewal of residence card, please submit a copy of acceptance of renewal issued by the Immigration Bureau of Japan. The applicant is also required to present the original documents of identification upon submitting visa application.
· An original of Japanese Residence Registration (JYUMINHYO)
· For applicants holding passports of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Egypt, North Korea, Libya, Palestine, Sudan, Yemen, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea, Algeria, China, India, Iraq, Lebanon, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Syria, Ghana, Central African Republic, Somalia, Sao Tome and Principe, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Saudi Arabia, please submit three (3) colour photos and three (3) copies of application forms which are duly filled and signed.
· For applicants holding passport of Nigeria and Iran, please submit four (4) colour photos and four (4) copies of application form which are duly filled and signed.
1) The Embassy reserves the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary.
2) Holder of Special Tourist Visa (STV) will obtain a single-entry with validity of 90 days. The STV holder can submit an application to extend the stay permit for not more than two times (90 days each) at the Office of Immigration Bureau, http://www.immigration.go.th. The extension of stay is solely at the discretion of the Immigration officer and the STV holder is not able to change the type of visa. In the case that visa application is submitted near the ending period of the STV programme (i.e. 30 September 2021), the STV holder will only be permitted to stay in the Kingdom for not more than 2-3 months and not be able to extend the stay permit.
3) Visa Processing Fee is 9,000 Yen for single entry. (CASH only)
4) Applicant must apply for a visa in person.