Non-Immigrant Visa 【O】 (Pensioner / Retirement)
※Qualifications and required documents during the period of COVID – 19 outbreak※
· Aged fifty (50) years or over at the date of visa application.
· Applicant must be a pension fund receiver with the monthly fund from government of Japan or
· Not prohibited from entering Thailand in accordance to the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979).
· Employment in Thailand is strictly prohibited.
1. Passport with validity of not less than 6 months and has at least TWO completely empty pages.
2. An application form completely filled in and signed by the applicant.
3. One colour photo (Size 3.5 x 4.5 cm.) taken within the past six months. Please attach the photo
on the form with glue.
4. A personal history form completely filled in and signed by the applicant.
5. Air ticket or e-ticket reservation document issued by airline, with applicant’s name, flight number and date of entry into Thailand.
6. Financial statement(with one set copy) which is issued within three (3) months. Please choose one of the following documents (a, b or c);
(a) Original certificate of pension and notification letter of payment with a monthly income amount equivalent of not less than 65,000 Baht
(b) Original of bank statement in English and a copy of bank accounting passbook of applicant which showing a deposit of the amount equivalent of not less than 800,000 Baht for the last 3 months.
(c) Original certificate of pension and notification letter of payment plus annual income totaling equivalent of not less than 800,000 Baht
7. Health insurance policy cover not less than 40,000 Baht of outpatient benefit and not less than
400,000 Baht of inpatient benefit. (Japanese or Thai health insurance is acceptable.)
8. Insurance certificate in compliance with the Office of Insurance Commission (OIC) certified by the health insurance company with company’s seal affixed and duly signed by the authorized persons.
*For further information regarding the Thai insurance companies and insurance certificate, please visit http://longstay.tgia.org/
9. Medical certificate issued within three (3) months by a national or public hospital in Japan confirming that the applicant is in a good health and free from the serious illnesses.
10. An original guarantee letter must be presented together with a copy of guarantor's passport or
driving license duly signed by the guarantor.
*A guarantor must be twenty (20) years of age or older and a permanent resident legally residing in Japan. A guarantor must not accompany the applicant to Thailand, while must be able to confirm applicant's personal attributes and information such as name, age, occupation, address, physical information, etc. and available to be contacted by the Embassy. ()
11. An original household registration documents (KOSEKITOHON) issued within three (3) months by the competent authority of Japan.
Additional documents required for Non-Japanese applicant:
11. A copy of resident card or certificate of alien registration which is valid for at least 3 months. for those who are currently applying for renewal of residence card, please submit a copy of renewal acceptance issued by Immigration Bureau of Japan. The applicant is also required to present the original documents of identification upon submitting visa application.
12. For applicants holding passports of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Egypt, North Korea, Libya,Palestine, Sudan, Yemen, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo,Equatorial Guinea, Guinea, Algeria, China, India, Iraq, Lebanon, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka,Syria, Ghana, Central African Republic, Somalia, Sao Tome and Principe, Liberia, Sierra Leone,Saudi Arabia, please submit three (3) colour photos and three (3) copies of application forms which are duly filled and signed.
13. For applicants holding passport of Nigeria and Iran, please submit four (4) colour photos and four (4) copies of application form which are duly filled and signed.
14. An original of resident registration (JYUMINHYO) issued within three (3) months.
■ The permitted length of stay is specified by the stamp of the Immigration Bureau on the passport, which is up to 90 days from the date of arrival. The visa holders can submit an application to extend the stay permit at the Office of Immigration Bureau, http://www.immigration.go.th. The extension of stay is solely at the discretion of the Immigration officer.
■ Applicant must apply for visa in person.
■ The Embassy reserves the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary.
■ The Embassy requires foreign language documents (except Japanese) to be translated into
Thai or English.
■ In case that visa application is rejected, the application will not be refunded and submitted documents will not be returned to applicant.
■ Processing time: 2 working days, exception for the applicants of no. 12-13 ,processing time : 2 - 60 working days (After submitting the application, if no additional document is requested, the passport with visa will be sent out from the Embassy by post on the next day (pay delivery fee upon delivery )
■ Nigerian national is required for additional Clearance Certificate by NDLEA (National Drug Law Enforcement Agency) in Nigeria, certified by Nigerian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and legalized by Royal Thai Embassy Abuja, Nigeria.
■ Visa processing fee is 9,000 Yen for single entry. (CASH only)