【Non - Immigrant O Visa 】(Volunteer)
For applicants who wish to do volunteering work with the state enterprises or
social welfare or non-governmental organizations in Thailand
※Required documents for applying a visa in the periods of COVID – 19 ※
1. Passport : with validity of not less than 6 months and has at least TWO completely empty pages.
2. Application form : completely filled in and signed by the applicant. ()
3. One colour photo (size 3.5 x 4.5 cm.) taken within the past six months. Please attach the photo to the form with glue.
4. Personal history form: completely filled in and signed by the applicant. ()
5. An original letter of invitation from organization in Thailand: PDF or fax copy is not acceptable.
* The letter must have the organization's letter head with organization's seal, signed by the authorized person(s), and contain the applicant's name, assignment's position / responsibilities / date of entry / length of stay and type of visa.
** In case that a signature of authorized person(s) in the letter of invitation is absent, a letter of power of attorney authorizing other person (s) to act on his/her behalf must be submitted upon submitting visa application.
6. A copy of organization's registration issued by the competent authority of Thailand.
7. An original letter of recommendation from the current organization in Japan PDF or fax copy is not acceptable.
* The letter must be in the organization's letter head with organization's seal and contains the applicant's name
/ purpose of visit/ date of entry / length of stay and type of visa required, and signed by the authorized
** In the absence of a letter of recommendation from the current organization in Japan, an original
guarantee letter must be presented, together with a copy of guarantor's passport or driving license duly
signed by the guarantor. (The form can be downloaded from the Embassy website.)
*** A guarantor must be twenty (20) years of age or older, legally residing in Japan, and able to confirm the applicant's personal attributes (such as name, age, physical description and some personal information).
A guarantor must be available to be contacted by the Embassy and not a person who will accompany the applicant to Thailand. (t )
8. Airline ticket or e-ticket reservation document which is issued by airline with applicant name, flight
number as well as date of entry.
Additional documents for non-Japanese applicant:
9. A copy of resident card or certificate of alien registration which is valid for at least 3 months. For those who are currently applying for renewal of residence card, please submit a copy of acceptance of renewal issued by Immigration Bureau of Japan. The applicant is also required to present the original documents of identification upon submitting visa application.
10. For applicants holding passports of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Egypt, North Korea, Libya, Palestine,
Sudan, Yemen, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea,
Guinea, Algeria, China, India, Iraq, Lebanon, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Syria, Ghana, Central African
Republic, Somalia, Sao Tome and Principe, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Saudi Arabia, please submit three (3)
colour photos and three (3) copies of application forms which are duly filled and signed.
11. For applicants holding passport of Nigeria and Iran, please submit four (4) colour photos and four (4)
copies of application forms which are duly filled and signed.
NOTES: ■ Applicant must enter Thailand on the date specified in the invitation letter.
■ The Embassy reserves the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary and
reserves the right to reject an application without providing any reasons.
■ In case that visa application is rejected, the application will not be refunded and submitted
documents will not be returned to applicant.
■ Processing time: 2 working days, exception for the applicants of no. 10-11 processing time:
2 - 60 working days (After submitting the application, if no additional document is requested, the
passport with visa will be sent out from the Embassy by post on the next day (pay delivery fee
■ Nigerian national is required for additional Clearance Certificate by NDLEA (National Drug
Enforcement Agency) in Nigeria, certified by Nigerian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and legalized by the Royal Thai Embassy Abuja, Nigeria.
■ Visa processing fee is 9,000 Yen for single entry. (CASH only)