**Transit Visa 【TS】
Transit Visa 【TS】
※The Transit Visa holders are still subjected to the 14 – day quarantine at the Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) facility.
※ Visa alone does not ensure the entry into Thailand. Visitors are also required to obtain a Certificate of Entry (COE) issued by the Royal Thai Embassy in Tokyo in order to enter into the country. For more information on the COE, please visit http://site.thaiembassy.jp/jp/news/announcement/
※ Qualifications and Required Documents during the Period of COVID – 19 Outbreak※
• Not prohibited from entering Thailand in accordance with the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979).
• No criminal records in Thailand, Japan and the country of the applicant’s nationality.
• No prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E.2535), namely, Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Elephantiasis, Drug Addiction and Third phase of Syphilis.
• Employment in Thailand is strictly prohibited.
1. Passport with validity of not less than 6 months and has at least TWO completely empty pages.
2. Application form completely filled in and signed by the applicant. (The form can be downloaded here
3. One colour photo(Size 3.5 x 4.5 cm.) taken within the past six months. Please attach the photo on the form with glue.
4. A personal history form completely filled in and signed by the applicant. (The form can be downloaded here
5. Air ticket or e-ticket reservation document issued by airline, with applicant’s name, flight number, dates of entry and departure.
6. An original bank statement in English which states bank contact information and deposit with the equivalent amount of not less than 20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family..
7. A reservation document of 14 days Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) : http://www.hsscovid.com/
8. Evidence of accommodations for the entire duration of stay in Thailand after completing the 14 days quarantine. Please provide one of the following ;
8.1 Evidence of payment for hotel accommodation issued by the respective hotel
8.2 Evidence of rental payments for condominium / apartment / house
9. Detail of itinerary and purpose of visit
10. Occupation’s documents
a. For company employee, an original certificate of employment, certificate of leave and an original copy of company’s registration (TOKIBOTOHON) are required.
b. For self-employment, an original company’s registration (TOKIBOTOHON) is required.
c. For student, an original certificate of enrollment issued by academic institute in Japan is required.
d. For pensioner, an original certificate of pensioner’s fund stating an amount of pension received is required.
e. For housewife/ househusband, a copy of spouse’s passport, a copy of residence card or certificate of alien registration and a copy of marriage certificate or an original household registration (KOSEKITOHON) are required.
f. For Children under 20 years old travelling with parents, documents showing family relation such as a copy of birth or an original of household registration (KOSEKITOHON) are required.
*In case that the child of applicant has no own bank’s account, the applicant can submit, on behalf of the child, the applicant’s bank statement with the equivalent amount of not less than 1,000,000 Baht for the last 6 months in order to cover the applicant and the child’s required bank deposit.
g. For unemployment,
1) An original certificate of personal income tax / original certificate of personal income tax exemption or similar document.
2) An original guarantee letter must be presented together with a copy of guarantor's passport or driving license duly signed by the guarantor. (The form can be downloaded here.)
*A guarantor must be twenty (20) years of age or older and a permanent resident legally residing in Japan. A guarantor must not accompany the applicant to Thailand, while must be able to confirm applicant's personal attributes and information such as name, age, occupation, address, physical information, etc. and available to be contacted by the Embassy.
Additional documents for non-Japanese applicant:
11. A copy of passport and a copy of residence card or certificate of alien registration which is valid for
at least 3 months. For those who are currently applying for renewal of resident card, please submit a
copy of acceptance of renewal issued by the Immigration Bureau of Japan. The applicant is also
required to present the original documents of identification upon submitting visa application.
12. An original guarantee letter must be presented together with a copy of guarantor’s passport or
driving license duly signed by the guarantor who must be twenty (20) years of age or older and a permanent resident legally residing in Japan. A guarantor must not accompany the applicant to Thailand, while must be able to confirm applicant's personal attributes and information such as name, age, occupation, address, physical information, etc. and available to be contacted by the Embassy.
13. For applicants holding passports of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Egypt, North Korea, Libya, Palestine, Sudan, Yemen, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea, Algeria, China, India, Iraq, Lebanon, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Syria,Ghana, Central African Republic, Somalia, Sao Tome and Principe, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Saudi Arabia, please submit three (3) colour photos and three (3) copies of application forms which are duly filled and signed. (One original and one copy of required documents No. 1- 12 are required.)
14. For applicants holding passport of Nigeria and Iran, please submit four (4) colour photos and four (4) copies of application form which are duly filled and signed. (One original and two copies of required documents No. 1- 12 are required.)
1) The Embassy reserves the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary and reserves the right to reject an application without providing any reasons.
2) In case that visa application is rejected, the application will not be refunded and submitted documents will not be returned to applicant.
3) Holder of Transit Visa (TS) will obtain a single-entry with validity of 90 days. The stay permit will be granted for 45 days after arrival in the Kingdom, including 14-days quarantine period. The Transit Visa (TS) holder can not submit an application to extend the stay permit.
4) Visa Processing (CASH only) for single entry is 3,500 Yen.
5) Applicants of No. 13, should submit all the required documents for visa application at least one month (31 days)before the departure date.