Thai and Japanese leaders agree to mobilize Mekong sub-regional development through connectivity in all dimensions
October 8, 2018, at 1745hrs (local time), Prime Minister Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha had a bilateral meeting with Prime Minister Shinzo Abe of Japan prior to the 10th Mekong-Japan Summit. A joint press conference was held afterward.
The two Prime Ministers were pleased with close and cordial relations between Thailand and Japan in various ...
1. During the bilateral meeting between PM Abe and President Putin held on thesidelines of the G20 on 15 November 2015, the two leaders agreed to coordinate to realise a visit to Japan by President Putin at a mutually convenient time for the both side, effectively giving up the idea of realising it within the year 2015, which had been agreed upon between the two leaders in February 2014.
2. There are speculations about PM Abe’s visiting Russia prior to a visit to Japan by President ...
... to diverse infrastructure needs by making ODA loans quicker to process and more flexible. To this end, Japan will reduce the time needed for going through the procedure of ODA loans by as much as one and a half years, compared with the current system.... ... commitment by the national government on the recipient’s side, Japan will not necessarily require a government guarantee.
2. Bilateral Meetings
2.1 Japan-Cambodia meeting held on 21 November 2015:
- PM Abe informed PM Hun Sen that Japan had decided to ...
... rules towards FTAAP. Negotiations on RCEP should also be accelerated.
- On anti-terrorism measures, terrorism is a threat to economic activities and Japan will closely coordinate with the international community in fighting against terrorism.
1.2 Bilateral Meetings;
1.2.1 Japan-Canada meeting held on 18 November 2015:
- PM Abe held talks with Canadian PM Trudeau for the first time since PM Trudeau took office in November 2015, during which they highly evaluated the broad agreement on TPP negotiations and agreed to further deepen bilateral economic relations. PM Abe stated that TPP was strategically meaningful in terms of making ...
... necessity that the international community should respond to these issues based on the principle of rule of law.
2 Gist of Bilateral Meetings on the sidelines of ASEM FMM12
2.1 Japan-Germany meeting held on 5 November 2015;
- FM Kishida held talks ... ... including trade and investment, such as through “Pakistan-Japan Government Business Joint Dialogue” to be held for the first time in three and a half years in Islamabad in November 2015.
2.4 Japan-EU meeting held on 4 November 2015;
- On East Asian ...
... the project. It said, "Japan has already been involved in the development project of Thilawa. Thus, the government needs to explain in a consistent manner to the Japanese public why Japan should involve in the two large-scale projects at the same time. To create "quality relations" with the region, the Japanese government is required to ensure transparency and persuasiveness in facilitating huge amount of ODA".
On the bilateral meeting between Thailand and Japan, Japanese media such as Asahi, Mainichi, and NHK briefly reported that the two leaders had touched upon issues such as bilateral cooperation in railway sector and Thailand's political transition.
... climate change while maintaining economic growth. Such technologies are technology to produce, store, and transport hydrogen as an energy source to realize CO2-free societies, and an enhanced next-generation battery for electric vehicles to run five times farther than the current level.
- Japan will draw up the “Energy and Environment Innovation Strategy” by spring 2016 and will identify prospective areas for further research and development.
2. Bilateral Meetings
2.1 Japan-Israel meeting held on 30 November 2015:
- On economic cooperation, PM Abe and PM Netanyahu confirmed the progress of negotiations for Japan-Israel Investment Agreement and the progress of cooperation in research and development ...
... Ownership Transparency, which can be downloaded from
2. Bilateral Meetings between Japanese PM and leaders of other countries in the sideline of the G20 Meeting,
2.1 Japan-Turkey meeting ... ... between Japan and Australia in the Asia-Pacific region and shared the view that the expansion of the bilateral cooperation was timely amid the changing strategic environment in the region.
- On regional affairs, the two leaders shared a concern over China’s ...