... ODA loans are being provided to local authorities, public corporations or other such public entities with ample sufficient commitment by the national government on the recipient’s side, Japan will not necessarily require a government guarantee.
2. Bilateral Meetings
2.1 Japan-Cambodia meeting held on 21 November 2015:
- PM Abe informed PM Hun Sen that Japan had decided to extend ODAloan of about 17 billion yen for the development of the National Highway No.5 to enhance Cambodia’s connectivity with neighbouring countries....
(3) Action Plan to implement G20 High-Level Principles on Beneficial Ownership Transparency, which can be downloaded from
2. Bilateral Meetings between Japanese PM and leaders of other countries in the sideline of the G20 Meeting,
2.1 Japan-Turkey meeting held on 13 November 2015;
- On overall bilateral relations, PM Abe and President Erdogan agreed todeepen strategic partnership between the two countries. President Erdogan stated that for Turkey, Japan was the most important partner ...
... and East China Sea as well as over DPRK in relation to the abduction issue of Japanese nationals. FM Kishida pointed out the necessity that the international community should respond to these issues based on the principle of rule of law.
2 Gist of Bilateral Meetings on the sidelines of ASEM FMM12
2.1 Japan-Germany meeting held on 5 November 2015;
- FM Kishida held talks with German FM Dr. Steinmeier, during which theydiscussed the situation in Ukraine, migration issue and bilateral cooperation in UNSC reforms.
- FM Kishida also explained Japan’s ...
... should involve in the two large-scale projects at the same time. To create "quality relations" with the region, the Japanese government is required to ensure transparency and persuasiveness in facilitating huge amount of ODA".
On the bilateral meeting between Thailand and Japan, Japanese media such as Asahi, Mainichi, and NHK briefly reported that the two leaders had touched upon issues such as bilateral cooperation in railway sector and Thailand's political transition.
... rules towards FTAAP. Negotiations on RCEP should also be accelerated.
- On anti-terrorism measures, terrorism is a threat to economic activities and Japan will closely coordinate with the international community in fighting against terrorism.
1.2 Bilateral Meetings;
1.2.1 Japan-Canada meeting held on 18 November 2015:
- PM Abe held talks with Canadian PM Trudeau for the first time since PM Trudeau took office in November 2015, during which they highly evaluated the broad agreement on TPP negotiations and agreed to further ...
On 5 June 2017, H.E. Mr. Virasakdi Futrakul, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of Thailand hold a bilateral meeting with H.E. Mr. Nobuo Kishi, State Minister for Foreign Affairs of Japan at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan.
On 5 June 2017, H.E. Mr. Virasakdi Futrakul, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of Thailand hold a bilateral meeting with H.E. Mr. Nobuo Kishi, State Minister for Foreign Affairs of Japan at the Ministry ...
Thai and Japanese leaders agree to mobilize Mekong sub-regional development through connectivity in all dimensions
October 8, 2018, at 1745hrs (local time), Prime Minister Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha had a bilateral meeting with Prime Minister Shinzo Abe of Japan prior to the 10th Mekong-Japan Summit. A joint press conference was held afterward.
The two Prime Ministers were pleased with close and cordial relations between Thailand and Japan in various aspects, especially in politics and economic affairs,...
... next-generation battery for electric vehicles to run five times farther than the current level.
- Japan will draw up the “Energy and Environment Innovation Strategy” by spring 2016 and will identify prospective areas for further research and development.
2. Bilateral Meetings
2.1 Japan-Israel meeting held on 30 November 2015:
- On economic cooperation, PM Abe and PM Netanyahu confirmed the progress of negotiations for Japan-Israel Investment Agreement and the progress of cooperation in research and development in the area of ...
... the National Legislative Assembly, together with H.E. Ambassador Bansarn Bunnag, met with H.E. Mr. Chuichi Date, the President of the House of Councilors of Japan. They met later with H.E. Tadamori Ishima, Speaker of the House of Representatives of Japan in order to have a bilateral meeting on the occasion of the official visit of the President of the National Legislative Assembly.
The Japan side expressed their congratulations on the referendum of the constitution drafting on the 7 August 2016 that went so smoothly. In ...
... visits to Japan to attend the Enthronement Ceremony of His Majesty the Emperor, which comprised of the Sokui no Rei Seiden no Gi, Kyoen no Gi and the banquet hosted by Japan’s Prime Minister. On this occasion, the Prime Ministers of Thailand and Japan also had a bilateral meeting and pledged to further strengthen the already close cooperation between the two countries.