In response to the ending of the state of emergency in 18 prefectures including Tokyo Metropolitan on Thursday, 30th September 2021, the Royal Thai Embassy in Tokyo will resume its normal office hours of the consular services: Monday – Friday (except public holidays) between 09.00 - 12.00 hrs. and
13.30 - 15.30 hrs.
1. Thai nationals who wish to receive consular services (e.g. passport, Thai national ID card, civil registration) are requested to make an online appointment in advance. For more information on consular services and appointments, please visit the following sites:
Thai Identification Card: http://site.thaiembassy.jp/th/services/id-card/
Prior appointment will prevent crowdedness in the service area, and reduce the risk of the spread of COVID-19.
However, in the case that an applicant is not able to make an online appointment as per above, the Embassy will provide a queue card available from 09:00 hrs. onwards. The applicant can submit the card in order to receive a consular service within the specified time. The Embassy will provide service by giving the priority to the applicants who make an online appointment in advance, and reserves the rights to refuse service to the applicant who does not submit the queue card within the specified time.
2. For visa application, please make an online appointment in advance via the Visa Appointment Booking Online (VABO) system (http://site.thaiembassy.jp/en/visa/about/426/). Currently, the Royal Thai Embassy accepts all types of visa applications. Moreover, Visa Exemption scheme has also been available since 22 December 2020 and Visa on Arrival (VOA) will be resumed from 1 October 2021.
For more information on visa applications and Visa Exemption scheme, please visit http://site.thaiembassy.jp/en/visa/type/
3. Please note that all Thai and foreign travelers from Japan are required to obtain the Certificate of Entry (COE) issued by the Royal Thai Embassy, the Royal Consulate-General in Osaka or the Royal Consulate-General in Fukuoka, present medical test results before entering Thailand, be quarantined for up to 7, 10 or 14 days depending on conditions at a certified quarantine facility, and also meet other requirements.
For issuance of the Certificates of Entry to the Kingdom of Thailand for foreign nationals, please check details on the Embassy’s website http://site.thaiembassy.jp/en/news/announcement/
4. For consultations via telephone, please find the Embassy’s contact numbers at http://site.thaiembassy.jp/en/contact/consular.php.
5. As measures to prevent the possible spread of COVID-19, the Royal Thai Embassy requests for kind cooperation on the following:
- Wear a surgical mask or cloth mask during your visit to the Embassy.
- Allow security officers at the Embassy’s gate to measure body temperature before entering the Embassy’s compound. The Embassy reserves the rights to deny entry of those who have a fever above 37.5 degree Celsius and those who show COVID-19 like symptoms.
- Only the applicants are allowed to enter the consular service area. Applicants are not allowed to bring any accompanying persons to the service area.
- Please use alcohol-based hand sanitizers, provided by the Embassy, to clean your hands and wrists.
- Those with sickness, fever or breathing problems, are requested to refrain from visiting the Embassy to obtain the consular services.