【Non-Immigrant Visa “O-A”(Long Stay 1 Year)】
※Qualifications and Required Documents during the period of COVID – 19 outbreak※
· Aged fifty (50)years or over at the date of visa application.
· Not prohibited from entering Thailand in accordance to the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979).
· No criminal records in Thailand, Japan and the country of the applicants’ nationality.
· Has Japanese nationality or permanent residence in Japan.
· No prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E.2535), namely, Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Elephantiasis, Drug Addiction and Third phase of Syphilis.
· Employment in Thailand is strictly prohibited.
1. Passport with validity of not less than 18 months and has at least TWO completely empty pages.
*Two (2) copies of every page of passport of the applicant.
2. Two application forms completely filled in and signed by the applicant. ()
3. Two colour photos (Size 3.5 x 4.5 cm.) taken within the past six months. Please attach the photo on the form with glue.
4. Two personal history forms completely filled in and signed by the applicant. ( )
5. Two copies of air ticket or e-ticket reservation document issued by airline, with applicant’s name, flight number and date of entry into Thailand
6. One original and one copy of financial statement issued within three (3) months and certified by notary public and Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan.
Please choose one of the following documents (a, b or c);
(a) Original of bank statement showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 800,000 Baht
(b) Original of income or pension certificate with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 Baht
(c) Original of bank statement plus annual income or pension certificate totaling not less than 800,000 Baht.
*In case of presenting a copy of accounting passbook as bank statement, the original certified letter from respective bank is necessary.
7. An original Certificate of Criminal Record issued by the competent authority of Japan or country of
the applicant's nationality stating that the applicant has no criminal record. In case the applicant has permanent residence in other country , the aforementioned document is required from both country of nationality and country of permanent residence.
*Verification shall be valid for not more than three months and must be certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan or by competent authority of country of the applicant's nationality and presented to the Embassy in a sealed envelope.
8. One original and one copy of medical certificate issued within three(3) months by a national or public hospital in Japan showing no prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E.2535), namely, Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Elephantiasis, Drug Addiction and third phase of Syphilis.
* This certificate must be certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan or by competent authority of country of the applicant's nationality and presented to the Embassy in a sealed envelope.
9. An original and two copies of health insurance policy covers with a minimum coverage of
100,000 USD or 3,000,000 Bath including medical treatment related to COVID-19 for the intended period of stay
in Thailand. (Japanese or Thai health insurance is acceptable.)
(a) In case of a Japanese insurance company, the applicant must submit the original insurance policy with 2 copies.
(b) In case of a Thai insurance company, the applicant must submit 2 copies of the insurance policy.
*For further information regarding Insurance, please visit http://longstay.tgia.org/
10. One original and one copy of insurance certificate in compliance with the Office of Insurance Commission (OIC) certified with company’s seal affixed and duly from the Health insurance company.
*OIC document should be signed by 2 directors and 1 authorized person.
**Also certified by notary public and Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan.
11. In the case where the accompanying spouse is not eligible to apply for the Non-Immigrant O-A (Long stay) visa, he or she will be considered for temporary stay under Category O visa. A marriage certificate and the household registration (KOSEKITOHON) and above mentioned documents of No. 1-5, including to a copy of passport of spouse(a bio data (photo) page are required for visa application.
Additional documents required for Non-Japanese applicant:
12.An original and two copies of resident card which is valid for at least 3 months. For those who are
currently applying for renewal of residence card, please submit a copy of renewal acceptance issued
by Immigration Bureau of Japan. The applicant is also required to present the original documents of
identification upon submitting visa application.
13. For applicants holding passports of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Egypt, North Korea, Libya, Palestine, Sudan, Yemen, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea, Algeria, China, India, Iraq, Lebanon, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Syria, Ghana, Central African Republic, Somalia, Sao Tome and Principe, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Saudi Arabia, please submit three (3) colour photos and three (3) copies of application forms which are duly filled and signed.
14. For applicants holding passport of Nigeria and Iran, please submit four (4) colour photos and
four (4) copies of application form which are duly filled and signed.
15. The embassy may require foreign language documents to be translated into Thai or English.
■The permitted length of stay is specified by the stamp of the Immigration Bureau on the passport, which is up to 1 year from the date of arrival. The visa holders can submit an application to extend the stay permit for one more year at the Office of Immigration Bureau, http://www.immigration.go.th. The extension of stay is solely at the discretion of the Immigration officer.
■Applicant must apply for visa in person.
■ The Embassy reserves the right to request additional documents and to reject an application without providing any reasons.
■ In case that visa application is rejected, the application will not be refunded and submitted documents will not be returned to applicant.
■ The Embassy may require foreign language documents (except Japanese) to be translated into Thai or English.
■Processing time: 2 working days, exception for the applicants of no. 13-14 ,processing time : 2 - 60 working days After submitting the application, if no additional document is requested, the passport with visa will be sent out from the Embassy by post on the next day (pay delivery fee upon delivery )
■ Nigerian national is required for additional Clearance Certificate by the NDLEA (National Drug Law Enforcement Agency) in Nigeria, certified by Nigerian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and legalized by the Royal Thai Embassy Abuja, Nigeria.
■ Visa processing fee is 22,000 Yen for multiple entries. (CASH only)