【Non-Immigrant Visa “O-X”(Long Stay 10 Years)】
※Qualifications and Required Documents during the period of COVID – 19 outbreak※
· Aged fifty (50)years or over at the date of visa application.
· Applicants must hold passport and nationality of (1) Japan (2) Australia (3) Denmark (4) Finland (5) France (6) Germany (7) Italy (8) the Netherlands (9) Norway (10) Sweden (11) Switzerland (12) United Kingdom (13) Canada (14) United States of America
· Not prohibited from entering Thailand in accordance to the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979).
· No criminal records in Thailand and Japan or the country of the applicants’ nationality.
· No prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E.2535), namely, Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Elephantiasis, Drug Addiction and Third phase of Syphilis.
· Employment in Thailand is strictly prohibited, except volunteer works.
One original and one copy of the following documents are required:
1. Passport with validity of not less than 6 months and has at least TWO completely empty pages.
*Two (2) copies of every page of passport of the applicant.
2. Two application forms completely filled in and signed by the applicant. ()
3. Two colour photos (Size 3.5 x 4.5 cm.) taken within the past six months. Please attach the photo on the form with glue.
4. Two personal history forms completely filled in and signed by the applicant. ()
5. Two copies of air ticket or e-ticket reservation document issued by airline, with applicant’s name, flight number and date of entry into Thailand.
6. Financial statement
Please choose one of the following documents (a or b);
(a) Certificate of bank deposit stating bank contact information, copy of bank book and bank statement which shows fixed deposit with the amount of not less than 3million Baht deposited in Thai bank located in Thailand;
(b) Certificate of bank deposit stating bank contact information, copy of bank book and bank statement whichshows fixed deposit with the amount of not less than 1.8 million Baht deposited in Thai bank located in Thailand and certificate of annual income with the amount of not less than 1.2 million Baht (local currency equivalent).
*Once entering Thailand, the applicant must have accumulated money deposited in Thai bank located in Thailand not less than 3 million Baht within 1 year.
2. An original Certificate of Criminal Record issued by the competent authority of Japan or country of
the applicant's nationality stating that the applicant has no criminal record. In case the applicant has permanent residence in other country , the aforementioned document is required from both country of nationality and country of permanent residence.
*Verification shall be valid for not more than three months and must be certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan or by competent authority of country of the applicant's nationality and presented to the Embassy in a sealed envelope.
3. One original and one copy of medical certificate issued within three(3) months by a national or public hospital in Japan showing no prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E.2535), namely, Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Elephantiasis, Drug Addiction and Third phase of Syphilis.
4. And original and two copies of health insurance policy covers with a minimum coverage of 100,000 USD including medical treatment related to COVID-19 for the intended period of stay in Thailand. The insurance must also cover not less than 40,000 Baht of outpatient benefit and not less than 400,000 Baht of inpatient benefit.(only Thai health insurance)
*For further information regarding Insurance, please visit http://longstay.tgia.org/
Dependents of Non-Immigrant Visa “O-X” Applicant
5. Dependents of the applicant are entitled to apply for the same visa category. The additional required documents are as follows;
For Spouse (No age restriction)
· Valid Marriage Certificate in English or Japanese House Registration (KOSEKITOHON) issued within 3 months, which are legalized by relevant authorities.
· Required documents listed in No. 1-9 above.
For Child (under 20 years old)
· Valid Birth Certificate in English or Japanese House Registration (KOSEKITOHON) legalized by relevant authorities.
· Required documents listed in No. 1-5 and No.9 above.
Additional documents for non-Japanese applicant:
11. A copy of resident card or certificate of alien registration which is valid for at least 3 months. For those who are currently applying for renewal of residence card, please submit a copy of acceptance of renewal issued by Immigration Bureau of Japan. The applicant is also required to present the original documents of identification upon submitting visa application.
1) Documents No. 7-9 must be issued within three (3) months and certified by notary public including the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan or the competent authority of country of the applicant.
2) The Embassy reserves the right to request additional documents and reject an application without providing any reasons.
3) In case that visa application is reject, the application will not be refunded and submitted documents will not be returned to applicant.
4) Holder of Non-Immigrant visa O-X will obtain a multiple-entry with validity of 5 years. The visa holder can submit an application to extend the stay for additional 5 years at the Office of Immigration Bureau http://www.immigration.go.th. The extension of stay is solely at the discretion of the Immigration officer.
5) Processing time: 2 working days(After submitting the application, if no additional document is requested, the passport with visa will be sent out from the Embassy by post on the next day (pay delivery fee upon delivery)
6) Visa Processing Fee is 44,000 Japanese Yen for multiple entries. (CASH only)
7) Applicant must apply for visa in person.
2 March 2021