【Non - Immigrant M Visa (Media:Filming)
(eg. film companies / TV commercials production / companies shooting documentaries, music video and TV program)
1. Valid Passport: Valid for no less than 6 months and has at least TWO completely empty pages.
2. Application form: Completely filled in and signed by the applicant. (here.)
3. One color photo (size 3.5 x 4.5 cm.) taken within the past six months. Please attach the photo to the form with glue.
4. Personal history form:Completely filled in and signed by the applicant. (The form can be downloaded here.)
5. An approval letter from Thailand film office, Department of Tourism,Ministry of Tourism and Sports. .PDF or fax copy is acceptable. : click here for an example:
6. An Original letter of invitation from company in Thailand: PDF or fax copy is not acceptable.
* The letter must have the company's letter head with company's seal, signed by the authorized person(s) whose name(s) listed in the company's registration issued by the Ministry of Commerce of Thailand, and the letter must contain the applicant's name, assignment's position / responsibilities / salary / date of entry / length of stay and type of visa.
** In case that a signature of authorized person(s) in the letter of invitation is absent, a letter of power of attorney authorizing other person(s) to act on his/her behalf must be submitted upon submitting visa application.
7. An original letter of recommendation from the current employer / organization in Japan.:PDF or fax copy is not acceptable.
* The letter must be in the company's letter head with company's seal and contains the applicant's name/ purpose of visiting/date of entry) / length of stay and type of visa required, and signed by the authorized person(s).
** In the absence of letter of recommendation from the current company in Japan, an original guarantee letter must be presented instead of it together with a copy of guarantor's passport or driving license duly signed by the guarantor.
*** A guarantor must be twenty (20) years of age or older, legally residing in Japan, must be able to confirm aspects of applicant's personal attributes (such as name, age, physical description and some personal information) and must be available to be contacted by the Embassy and must not be a person who will accompany applicant to Thailand.(The form can download from)
8. A copy of Thai company's registration documents issued with in six (6) months by the Ministry of Commerce
9. Airline ticket or e-ticket reservation document which is issued by airline,with applicant name, flight number as well as date of entry.
10. A copy of resident card or certificate of alien registration which is valid for at least 3 months.
For those who are currently applying for renewal of residence card, please submit a copy ofacceptance of renewal issued by Immigration Bureau of Japan. The applicant is also required to present the original documents of identification upon submitting visa application.
11. For applicants holding passports of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Egypt, North Korea, Libya, Palestine, Sudan, Yemen, Cameroon,Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea, Algeria, China, India, Iraq, Lebanon, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Syria, Ghana,Central African Republic, Somalia, Sao Tome and Principe, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Saudi Arabia, please submit three (3) color photos and three (3)copies of application forms which are duly filled and signed.
12. For applicants holding passport of Nigeria and Iran, please submit four (4) color photos and four (4) copies of application forms which are duly filled and signed.
■The Embassy reserves the rights to request additional documents and to reject an application without providing any reasons.
■ In case that visa application is rejected, the application will not be refunded and submitted documents will not be returned to applicant.
■ Processing time: 2 working days, exception for the applicants of no. 11-12 processing time: 2- 60 working days (After submitting the application, if no additional document is requested, the passport with visa will be sent out from the Embassy by post on the next day (pay delivery fee upon delivery)
■ Nigerian national is required for additional Clearance Certificate by the NDLEA (National Drug Law Enforcement Agency) in Nigeria, certified by Nigerian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and legalized by the Royal Thai Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria.■ Visa processing fee is 9,000 Yen for single entry. (CASH only)